Chocolate Chickpea Microgreen truffles
A sweet treat without the guilt!
Protein and vegetables in a truffle? Yes! Try it. Just try it once…
I’m eating the last of the ones I photographed…I should call my husband and share… But they are so good it’s hard to resist…
This microgreen and chickpea recipe will become a family tradition- it’s that good! By the way- chickpea and garbanzo bean are two names for the same bean. So if you cannot find chickpeas, look for garbanzo beans.
Clarification: if you are using canned chickpeas, be sure to drain them before using.
Chocolate Chickpea Truffles
- 1 10 oz can Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Sunflower microgreens, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp. Chocolate chips
- 4 oz Dark chocolate for dipping
- In a blender, combine everything except the dipping chocolate
- Form into small balls and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until firm
- Melt the dipping chocolate and dip the balls into the chocolate
- Place the dipped truffles onto a parchment-paper covered plate.Refrigerate until firm.
- SHARE these with family and friends!
- Refrigerate leftovers
Yeah, right, leftovers