This seems to be a chocolate kind of day…
It’s getting cold here in Idaho, and cold means chocolate. Ok, warm means chocolate too, but let’s not go there…
How about a nice bowl of chocolate dip?
Scoop up delicious chocolate goodness with graham crackers, bananas, apple slices…or a spoon. This dip is full of nutrition- protein, veggies, fruit, and unsweetened cocoa powder. Easy enough for children to make, and a snack or dessert that you will feel good about serving, this Chocolate Dip will become a favorite at first bite.
that adding more cocoa powder to your diet helps to improve attention, memory, and general cognition- especially in those with sleep loss (mothers everywhere). Cocoa powder also contains iron, zinc, and selenium, minerals that help your body function and give your immune system a boost.
Garbanzo beans (Chickpeas) are full of fiber, protein, and essential nutrients. Sunflower microgreens are full of essential micronutrients that boost immune systems and brain health.
In other words, this recipe is good for you and your family- and satisfies the chocolate craving! Throw it in a blender and whir up a batch in less than 10 minutes.
Healthy, tasty, chocolatey goodness
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) Rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sunflower microgreens chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted dates Softened
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water or milk
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Serve with sliced fruits such as banana or apple, dried fruits, graham crackers, and/or cookies.
- Refrigerate leftovers.