- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped broccoli microgreens
- 1 pinch ground ginger OR cinnamon OPTIONAL
- Place the carrots in a large pan, add the water, and simmer for just 6-8 minutes until tender but not mushy.
- Drain the water from the pan, then put the pan back on the stove on medium heat and stir in the sugar and butter, salt and pepper (and ginger or cinnamon if using).
- Stir and cook for just 2 minutes, until the butter and sugar have melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the microgreens just before serving.