These are soooo good! They are full of peanutty goodness, and just enough honey, chocolate chips, and coconut to make you think you are eating dessert instead of a healthy snack! If you don’t like coconut- just leave it out and add a little extra oatmeal. They are called ‘Mighty Balls’ because of the incredible amount of nutrition in them- including micronutrients from the microgreens. This will be your go-to after-school snack!
Peanut Butter Mighty Bites
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon Rolled Oats plain, instant or regular
- 2 Tablespoon ground flaxseed (or additional rolled oats)
- 2 Tablespoon coconut flakes, sweetened (or additional rolled oats)
- 2 Tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped microgreens (sunflower, pea, broccoli, or buckwheat)
- 2 full graham crackers
- In a microwave-safe container, liquefy the honey (about 15 seconds)
- Mix the peanut butter with the honey.
- With a spoon, mix in the rolled oats, ground flaxseed, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Be sure the microgreens are chopped fine. Stir the microgreens into the peanut butter mixture with a spoon.
- Put the graham cracker into a baggie and crush the cracker into fine crumbs with a rolling pin or the bottom of a cup
- Scoop up a small amount of peanut butter mixture and form it into a ball with your clean hands. Drop them into the baggie of crushed crumbs and roll them in the crumbs. Place the balls into a container and refrigerate or serve immediately.