It’s Snack Time!
This is a great choice for a quick snack that even the youngest chefs can put together. The grater can be hard on little fingers, so give some help with the grating- and then step out of the way, because this is going to be the favorite go-to snack that children can easily make themselves with little help.
Carrot on a quesadilla??
Yes, I know- carrots are not something you have experienced on a quesadilla before, but give it a try- you will be astounded by the sweet and savory flavor it brings to the cheese and microgreens. Seriously- try it!
Start with a tortilla (whole wheat is best), and sprinkle grated cheese on one half of it.
Spread a grated carrot over the cheese. Chop up a handful of microgreens and spread them over the carrot. Take another quarter cup of grated cheese (or more) and spread on top of the microgreens.
Fold the tortilla over and microwave it for 1 minute. That’s it!
Super Snackers Quesadilla
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 medium whole wheat tortilla
- 1 handful chopped microgreens
- Lay the tortilla on a microwave-safe plate
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese on half of the tortilla
- Layer the grated carrots, and then the chopped microgreens
- Spread the remaining cheese over the microgreens and fold the tortilla in half
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Let cool for 1 minute, then cut into slices and serve!