Serve this dip with crackers, tortilla chips, carrot sticks, dried vegetable chips, or as a spread on rice crackers. If you do not have marinated artichoke hearts, you can substitute with canned artichoke quarters and add 2 teaspoons of seasoned rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
The suggested microgreens are broccoli and buckwheat, but feel free to experiment with other green microgreens. The radish, however, is a must!
You can also prepare this in the microwave instead of on the stove: mix the sour cream, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese together in a microwave-safe bowl (cut the cream cheese into chunks) and microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring after every 15 seconds. As soon as the cream cheese begins to soften and mix in, add the butter and continue until the mixture is melty and hot. Remove from the microwave and finish as directed.
Artichoke Microgreen Dip
- 16 oz. light sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 14 oz. marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup microgreens, finely chopped Broccoli and/or buckwheat are excellent choices. Pack the measuring cup!
- 1/2 cup radish microgreens, finely chopped Packed cup
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper A combination of red, orange and yellow bell peppers makes this colorful and adds vitamin C
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese Fresh shredded parmesan is best for this recipe
- In a heavy pot over low-medium heat, melt together the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and parmesan. Stir frequently until melted and smooth. It should start to bubble slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the artichoke hearts, finely chopped microgreens, and the pressed garlic cloves.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.