The zucchini and tomatoes are coming on fast and it’s time to put them to use in this tasty summer soup. This is an easy-to-modify soup for vegetarians and vegans- just leave out the sausage.
I love soup in the summer. I make a big pot of soup at the beginning of the week and grab a bowlful whenever I get ‘snacky’, pairing it with a slice of bread or a handful of tortilla chips. This soup makes a great lunch or light dinner.
I call for radish and broccoli microgreens in this recipe but feel free to substitute the Super Booster (brassica mix), or other small-seed microgreens. Sorrel gives this a very refreshing taste, while shiso gives it a savory, unique flavor. Each bowl you eat can have new microgreen highlights- take chances, discover new tastes!
Dilly Zuc Summer Soup
- Large Pot
- 5 medium carrots sliced into coins
- 1 medium onion diced fine
- 2 cups tomato chopped
- 2 cups zucchini chopped
- 1 cup orange lentils
- 1 Large dill pickle diced fine
- 2 tsp dill weed dried
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup summer sausage or kielbasa (optional- leave out for vegetarian or vegan)
- 3 oz radish and broccoli microgreens (approx 2 cups)
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil In large pot.
- Add all ingredients except microgreens.Bring back to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Add a handful of microgreens to each bowl just before serving.