Doing Spaghetti the Microgreen Way
Spaghetti is a fast comfort food that is perfect for a busy day.
Cooking with microgreens doesn’t have to be time-consuming or take a lot of extra planning. When spaghetti is on the menu, just add the ‘greens! It took less than 2 minutes to turn this spaghetti bowl from ‘blah’ to ‘Yum!’, and added a full 2 servings of vegetable micronutrients with just a handful of microgreens.
Microgreens are much tastier, have more nutrients, and have a better texture if they are fresh and raw. While the spaghetti sauce is heating, chop up the microgreens and add them to the sauce after removing the sauce from the heat.
If you prefer to make the sauce from scratch, replace the bottled sauce with your own fresh sauce.
Spaghetti with Microgreens
- 12 oz whole-wheat spaghetti
- 18 oz spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups microgreens chopped
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat spaghetti sauce.
- Remove sauce from heat and add microgreens.
- Pour sauce over cooked spaghetti and serve immediately.