Sometimes we just want something beautiful for breakfast or brunch. Mother's Day, birthday, or just an I-want-something-special day are all a great excuse to spend a little extra time in the kitchen. This beautiful omelet is easier to make than it looks! Using either a small baster, a large syringe, or a ziplock baggie with the corner cut out, create a pattern in the frying pan with beaten eggs. Fill with cream cheese, avocado, vegetables, and microgreens. Beautiful AND delicious!
Lattice Omelet With Microgreens
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 avocado
- 2 tblsp chopped radish microgreens
- 1/2-1 cup pea tendrils, super salad booster, or broccoli microgreens
- 1/2 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- balsamic glaze
- Beat two eggs until well mixed. Do not over-mix as you do not want a lot of bubbles in the egg mixture.
- Using a non-stick type pan, spray a very thin layer of oil before adding eggs on the hot pan.
- Place the eggs in a small zip-lock style baggie. snip a small corner off and 'draw' a lattice in the heated fry pan. The thicker the strands, the easier it will be to remove the eggs from the pan.
- Cook 2-4 minutes, until the egg is set and dry, but before it browns. It is not necessary to cook both sides.
- Slide the lattice carefully from the pan to a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining egg mixture.
- Mix the chopped radish microgreens with the cream cheese. Add a pinch of salt if desired. Spread half of the mixture on each lattice.
- Cover the cream cheese layer with a layer of sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes and feta cheese. Top with microgreens
- Fold the lattice over the filling and secure with a toothpick. Drizzle balsamic glaze over if desired. Serve immediately.