It’s time for the beet and garlic harvest! Put them together with microgreens and a few other tasty ingredients and you have a light lunch or a good dinner accompaniment!
Russian Beet Salad
- 3 medium beets
- 3 Tbsps. sour cream
- 3 Tbsps. light mayonaise
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2-3 small garlic cloves grated or rubbed
- 1 Tbsp. parsley chopped
- 3 Tbsps. broccoli microgreens chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the beets in an instapot for 10 minutes, or boil for 45 minutes until soft.
- Dump the beets into cold water, and immediately slip off the skins.
- Either grate the beets or cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream garlic, salt and pepper, nuts, parsley, and microgreens.
- Mix the beets with the creamy mixture, and refrigerate for an hour or more to allow the flavors to blend.